Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Groundbreaking morning

I thought I was dreaming this morning when I heard voices talking about construction. "Man, I must be getting really excited to be dreaming about this," I thought. Then I looked out our window...

Diggin' holes - concrete piers will go there to support the addition

Chris from Rising Sun came by the house yesterday to discuss the details of our new kitchen. He'd mentioned he'd start digging in our yard today to create the piers needed to hold our little addition. The fact that he's always been early to our meetings, and stuck to his word didn't clue me into the fact that the guys would be there digging by 7:30 am.

"Ni...coooo.lasss....Peeeaanut....," I cooned. "Wake up, first day of spring and we're breaking ground!" (It happens to be Mom Janson's Birthday, too! Happy day!)

Now for moving out of the kitchen for demo this weekend. Free pizza and beer for those willing to smash some walls...

Good thing the garlic and greens are planted!


No comments:

Post a Comment